The Australian Meat Processor Corporation (AMPC) is a national Research & Development Corporation that represents the Red Meat Processing Industry throughout Australia. AMPC’s mandate is to support Research, Development and Extension/Education (RD&E) initiatives that are directed at improving the sustainability and efficiency of the meat processing industry.
Red meat processor levies are strategically invested by AMPC in RD&E and Marketing programs aimed at delivering improvements to the processing sector and providing significant benefit to the whole of the red meat industry and the broader Australian community.
A sustainable, profitable and competitive red meat processing industry that meets and exceeds national and international customer, consumer and community expectations.
AMPC’s mission is to maximise the efficiency, viability and sustainability of the red meat processing industry sector by supporting the development of sound, scientific solutions that will:
- Improve the long term efficiency and competitiveness of the industry;
- Enhance the sustainability of the industry;
- Assist to protect, secure and maintain market access;
- Enhance capability and;
- Enhance overall productivity and performance of the meat processing sector.
To achieve the above, AMPC supports projects in a wide range of areas including meat science, automation and technology, environment and sustainability, animal health, biosecurity, animal welfare, traceability and market access.
AMPC focuses on:
- Promoting Australian meat in the domestic and international marketplace;
- Developing RD&E initiatives that address issues in meat safety, quality and product integrity, capability, environment, livestock management and other elements of the supply chain;
- Establishing projects and capability that assist in protecting the economic, environmental, health, safety and social well being of the meat processing industry.
Industry research, development and adoption activities are conducted through a system of willing partnerships designed to deliver effective RD&E outcomes. AMPC invests and delivers research and marketing across a range of programs, many of which are carried out in partnership with Meat and Livestock Australia Limited (MLA) (the producer Research and Development company).
AMPC works in partnership with Government to develop and deliver RD&E activities that underpin Australia’s National Research Priorities. AMPC also operates in partnership with the Australian Meat Industry Council (AMIC), to ensure that RD&E programs are directed at the areas of most strategic need for industry.
AMPC collaborates with other organisations representing the broader red meat supply chain to ensure that processor collected levy funds are appropriately invested to deliver tangible results for the red meat Industry, rural Australia and for the nation as a whole.